These homemade Mediterranean black bean burgers with smoky tzatziki are sure to satisfy the pickiest eater. Full of flavor and easy to make, you won’t regret making these. They are meatless, but not vegan.
For this recipe, you’re going to start by draining and patting dry your black bean. Then, spread them out on a foil lined baking sheet and place them in the oven for about 15 minutes. While gather the rest of your ingredients. Chop the onion and garlic. These two items are sautéed together and become a flavor powerhouse.
The black beans and the other remaining ingredients are added to a bowl and mashed together. If you want a finer texture for your patties, you can use a food processor. I used a 1/3 measuring cup to portion out my burgers, making sure to heap the mixture in so that I had thick patties. Next, I lined my baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent them from sticking. Lastly, twenty minutes in the oven and your Mediterranean black bean burger with smoky tzatziki are done.
As for the tzatziki sauce, the recipe is very straightforward. Chop the veggies and herbs, zest the lemon, and combine all the ingredients for a delicious burger sauce. Be careful with the smoked paprika, too much can overwhelm the other flavors.
If you make this Mediterranean black bean burger with smoky tzatziki recipe, please comment below, and give it a star rating. Also, post a pic of the recipe with the hashtag #welldonedrea on Instagram or Facebook.
MEDITERRANEAN BLACK BEAN BURGER WITH SMOKY TZATZIKI
- 1 CUP PLAIN GREEK YOGURT
- 1/2 CUP CUCUMBERS CHOPPED
- 1 CLOVE GARLIC MINCED
- 2 TBSP LEMON JUICE
- 1 TSP LEMON ZEST
- 2 TBSP FRESH DILL CHOPPED
- 1 TBSP MINT CHOPPED
- DASH SMOKED PAPRIKA
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
BLACK BEAN BURGER
- 1 15 OZ (CAN) BLACK BEANS DRAINED, RINSED, & PATTED DRY
- 2 CLOVES GARLIC MINCED
- 1/2 TSP ONION FINELY CHOPPED
- 1 TSP CUMIN
- 1 TSP CORIANDER
- 1/2 TSP BLACK PEPPER
- 1/2 TSP PAPRIKA
- 1/8 TSP ALLSPICE
- 1/8 TSP CINNAMON
- 1/4 TSP SALT
- 1/2 TBSP OLIVE OIL
- 1/4 CUP PANKO
- 1/2 TBSP WORCHESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- 1 LARGE EGG BEATEN
- SQUEEZE OF LEMON
- Stir together all ingredients. Season with the salt and pepper.
BLACK BEAN BURGER
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Spread the beans evenly on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until beans are slightly dried out.
- Set the beans to the side and increase the oven temperature to 375°F.
- Heat a small pan over low medium heat and soften the garlic and onion with the olive oil, should take about 5 minutes.
- Ina larger bowl, place the black beans, onion, garlic, all spices, panko, egg, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice.
- Stir together and slightly mash with a potato masher or the back of a spoon.
- Form patties and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes turning halfway through.
- Serve with favorite toppings.
Possibly one of the most delicious recipes for a bean burger. Your tzatziki sauce was great too.
I love ALL things mediterranean flavored, and this black bean burger was so freaking tasty!
First of all I LOVE tzatziki and second of all I love feeding my kids black bean burgers because it’s an easy way to get them to eat their veggies! Thanks for sharing!
I love a good black bean burger! Paired this with some sweet potato fries and went to town!
The Tzatziki sauce is what sets this burger over the top! I love how all the flavors work together for a delicious vegan burger.
This was my first time making my own black bean burgers, and this recipe was so much better than the store-bought kind! They were full of flavor, and that tzatziki sauce was perfect!
The texture of these is so good and I loved the flavors!
This recipe is genius. I love black bean burgers but never thought of teaming it with tzaziki. Such a delicious combo!
This burger is delicious and I love the smoky tzatziki!!
I love smoked paprika. I cant believe I did not think of adding it to tzatziki before. Thanks for the idea and with all the spices that went into the burger, this was such a delicious combo!
Made this recipe for my family dinner and got so many compliments. Will definitely make again.
I love a good blackbean burger! This looks beyond perfect! Thank you for sharing!
The sauce takes these over the top! Thank you for this recipe.