These easy, no-fail nutty blondies are the perfect mix of buttery, caramel flavor, and packed with nuts.
While a blondie is like a brownie, there is one important difference, blondies do not have cocoa powder. Blondie recipes tend to focus on butter and brown sugar. Both ingredients contribute to the buttery, caramel, butterscotch-like flavor.
The butter is melted and combined with the brown sugar, so there’s no need cream the butter and sugar. Toasting the nuts brings the oils to the surface and enhance the nutty flavor and adds a nice crunch.
This recipe is easily customized. You can add nuts, chocolate chips, candy pieces, or dried fruit.
This recipe is foolproof, rich, and delicious. A family favorite, that disappears quickly. You may need to make a double batch! No need to wait for a special occasion, these are perfect for everyday snacking.
If you make this easy no-fail nutty blondies recipe, please comment below, and give it a star rating. Also, post a pic of the recipe with the hashtag #welldonedrea on Instagram or Facebook.
EASY NO-FAIL NUTTY BLONDIE
- 1/2 CUP BUTTER UNSALTED
- 1 1/2 CUP LIGHT BROWN SUGAR FIRMLY PACKED
- 2 EGGS
- 1 TSP VANILLA
- 1 1/2 CUP ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1/2 TSP SALT
- 1 TSP BAKING POWDER
- 1 CUP TOASTED NUTS WALNUTS, PECANS, ETC.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter or spray non-stick spray in an 8x8 pan.
- Line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
- If using toasted nuts, spread nuts on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for5 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine melted butter and brown sugar and stir until well blended about 1 minute.
- Add eggs, one at a time and stir well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Fold in nuts.
- Spread the batter in pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
LOVE a good blondie and these look fantastic. Especially with the nuts — that crunch just takes them over the top!
I loveeee Blondies! I’m absolutely going to try this recipe.
I tend to get bored with brownies, so I can’t wait to try these.
These brownies are so amazing!! I love how easy they are to make. Thanks for the recipe!
Haven’t tried a blondie recipe before but these look too good and simple not to try.
I’ve never made blondies! I’m so glad I came across your recipe!
blondies are my favorite and these look so good with the crack crust. However, I’ll be making them without the nuts – Nut allergy here 🙂
Still very delicious without the nuts.