This frozen mint limeade recipe is cooling and refreshing. Perfect for a hot summer day and whips up quickly in the blender.
While on a school sponsored trip to Costa Rica to study coffee production, myself and a small group of grad student stopped by an Argentinian restaurant in San Jose. Our trip was nearing the end and we were spending our last day exploring the city. The building was unremarkable, but the interior was lively, in both décor and energy.
The menu was filled with many meat options, as to be expected at an Argentinian restaurant, but one thing that stood out to me was a frozen lime drink. I ordered it and when it came to the table, it was love at first sip. Ice cold (of course), tart, sweet, and minty, all of my favorite things. My actual meal was delicious also, but that drink was unforgettable.
Below is my attempt to recreate that drink and trust me it’s just as good as the one I had in Costa Rica.
My frozen mint limeade is perfect for those hot summer nights and easy to prepare for group of friends. Be sure to garnish your drink with a sprig of mint and a lime slice.
If you make this frozen mint limeade recipe, please comment below, and give it a star rating. Also, post a pic of the recipe with the hashtag #welldonedrea on Instagram or Facebook.
FROZEN MINT LIMEADE
- 1/2 CUP FRESH LIME JUICE ABOUT 4-5 LIMES
- 3/4 CUP COLD WATER
- 1/4-1/2 CUP WHITE SUGAR
- 4 CUPS ICE DEPENDING ON HOW SWEET YOU WANT YOUR LIMEADE
- 1/4 CUP PACKED FRESH MINT ABOUT 5 GRAMS, PLUS SPRIGS FOR GARNISH
- 4 SLICES OF LIME FOR GARNISH
- Add the lime juice, water, sugar, and mint into the blender and mix until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the ice and pulse to break up the ice, about 30 seconds.
- Increase the speed and blend until the drink is a uniform slushy texture.
- Pour into glasses and add a lime slice and mint sprig to each glass.
- Serve immediately.