Sweet heat dry rub oven baked ribs are perfect for a weekday treat or set it and forget weekend meal. With a touch of sweet heat and flavorful spice, this recipe is makes great tender ribs.
Cooking ribs in the oven at low temperature for a long time is the secret to great fall off the bone ribs at home. Ribs don’t have to be just for dining out, this recipe for oven baked ribs walks you through how to prep them at home.
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs, as this will allow the knife to glide through the meat with ease and this is key for fork tender ribs.
- The dry rub can be prepared ahead of time to make this recipe even more simple. Also, don’t limit the dry rub to just pork, it’s great on chicken and beef.
- You control the heat. Reduce the red pepper or leave it out if you prefer.
- Make sure ribs are covered in foil. This helps keep the meat moist.
- Don’t rush the baking time. While the ribs are in the oven, prep the side dishes or take a nap, but don’t forget to set a timer.
If you make this sweet heat dry rub oven baked rib recipe, please comment below, and give it a star rating. Also, post a pic of the recipe with the hashtag #welldonedrea on Instagram or Facebook.
SWEET HEAT DRY RUB OVEN BAKED RIBS
- 2-2 1/2 LBS BABY BACK RIBS
SWEET HEAT DRY RUB
- 1/2 CUP DARK BROWN SUGAR
- 1/4 CUP WHITE SUGAR
- 2 TBSP SALT
- 1 TBSP GARLIC POWDER
- 1 TBSP ONION POWDER
- 1/2 TBSP RED PEPPER POWDER
- 1/2 TBSP GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- 1/2 TBSP CHILI POWDER
- 1/2 TBSP PAPRIKA
- 1/2 TBSP SMOKED PAPRIKA
- 1 TSP CUMIN
- 1 TSP CINNAMON
- Preheat the oven to 275 °F.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dry rub seasoning.
- Make sure the membrane on the back of the ribs has been removed.
- Line a pan with enough foil to completely wrap the ribs.
- Place the ribs in the center of the foil and liberally apply the dry rub.
- Wrap the ribs tightly with the foil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 2.5 to 3.5 hours or until the meat comes easily off the bones.
- Remove the ribs from the oven.
- The ribs can be served with just the dry rub or covered in your favorite BBQ sauce.