Cool and refreshing watermelon lemonade. This recipe is the perfect mix of sweet and tangy, full of watermelon flavor!
Watermelon + lemons = the perfect summer combo. There’s just something special about a refreshing glass of watermelon lemonade on a hot summer day. This recipe is easy and only calls for four ingredients.
- Heat a small amount of water with the sugar to melt it ahead of time. This ensure the sugar will dissolve completely when combined with the remaining ingredients.
- Make sure to use a seedless watermelon. I would hate for you to have to pick through the melon ahead of time to remove all the seeds.
- Once the watermelon has been blended, strain it through a sieve to remove the remaining pulp. Or don’t, but I like mine smooth.
- The watermelon lemonade will separate if it sits for a while, just give it a quick stir and its back to normal.
- For an adult beverage, add your favorite alcohol. I suggest, tequila or vodka.
- If you’re feeling fancy, serve with a slice of lemon, watermelon, or sprig of mint.
If you make this watermelon lemonade recipe, please comment below, and give it a star rating. Also, post a pic of the recipe with the hashtag #welldonedrea.
- 5 CUPS SEEDLESS WATERMELON CUBED
- 3/4 CUP WHITE SUGAR
- 1/2 CUP WATER
- 1/2 CUP FRESH LEMON JUICE
- 3 CUPS COLD WATER
- ICE CUBES
- Combine½ cup water and sugar in a microwave safe dish and heat for about one minute or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Heat until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place the cubed watermelon in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Strain through a sieve.
- Ina large pitcher combine cold water, lemon juice, and sugar water.
- Serve over ice.