Easy no-bake strawberry lemon tart recipe
This pie reminds me of summer days in Florida. From strawberry picking with my little brother and drinking homemade lemonade in mason jars with my Auntie Sylvia. On those hot, sticky afternoons we probably ate as many strawberries as we picked. Back then, just covering our strawberries in sugar was enough to make us happy. Those sugared strawberries washed down with Auntie’s tart lemonade are some of my fondest childhood memories.
This strawberry lemon tart combines two of my favorite things: Strawberries and lemons. Best part is that you don’t have to use the oven.
- The crust is easy to put together. Just use the food processor to chop up the wafer, add the other ingredients and press into the tart pan. Easy peasy.
- As far as arranging the strawberries, you can use the same design as mine, makeup your own, or just dump them on top.
- The filling can be made one day ahead of time for a fuss-free dessert the day of.
If you make this strawberry lemon tart recipe, please comment below and give it a star rating. Also, post a pic of the recipe with the hashtag #welldonedrea.
STRAWBERRY LEMON TART
VANILLA WAFER CRUST
- 2 1/4 CUP CRUSHED VANILL WAFERS
- 8 TBSP BUTTER MELTED
- 1/2 TSP SALT
- 8 OZ CREAM CHEESE
- 1/4 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
- 1 3/4 CUP HEAVY CREAM
- 1/2 CUP POWDERED SUGAR
- 1 TSP GELATIN
- 2 LEMONS JUICED
- 2 TSP LEMON ZEST
- 8 OZ FRESH STRAWBERRIES THINLY SLICED
VANILLA WAFER CRUST
- Place vanilla wafers in a food processor or blender and grind to a fine crumb.
- Microwave butter for 20-30 seconds until the butter is melted.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter into the wafer crumbs and stir until there are no dry crumbs left.
- Line the bottom of your tart pan with a parchment circle the same size of the bottomof the pan, pour the crumbs into the 9-inch tart pan and press firmly against the bottom and sides to form the crust.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy, 2-4 minutes.
- Slowly add the sugar in to the cream cheese while beating the mixture and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add 1/4 of a cup of heavy cream and beat until the cream cheese is liquid consistency.
- Then add all the remaining heavy cream and mix on high until it thickens.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the lemon juice in a small bowl and set it aside for at least 5 minutes to dissolve.
- Microwave the mixture for 10-15 seconds. It should be completely liquid.
- Slowly pour the warm gelatin in a steady stream into the cream as it mixes.
- Continue to process the cream until it is the consistency of thick yogurt, about 1 minute.
- Add lemon zest and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared crust and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving or 30 minutes in the freezer if in a rush.
- Arrange sliced strawberries in rings around the top of the crust after chilling.