Simple four ingredient blueberry compote.
I serve this simple blueberry compote with my southern style buttermilk biscuits, but pairs well with pancakes and most breads in general. The recipe has such great flavor and is easily adaptable to other berries. If you make this blueberry compote with a different type of berry be sure to comment below. I’d love to hear about it.
- I like to reserve a small amount of berries to add towards the end of the cooking process so that they maintain some of their shape.
- I like to use fresh blueberries, but this recipe works well with frozen berries as well just adjust your cooking time.
If you make this blueberry compote recipe, please comment below and give it a star rating. Also, post a pic of the recipe with the hashtag #welldonedrea.
- 1 CUP BLUEBERRIES RESERVE 1/4 CUP
- 1/4 CUP SUGAR
- 1 TBSP WATER
- 1 TSP LEMON JUICE
- Combine ¾ cup of the blueberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes or until blueberries begin to burst.
- Add the remaining blueberries and cook for 3 additional minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Best served warm.