Tangy sweet easy lemon dessert sauce. Simple prep and only calls for four ingredients.
In my chewy gingersnap cookie post, I mention a easy lemon dessert sauce. Where here it is. It only uses four ingredients but really helps take your favorite desserts to another level. I use this recipe with the gingersnap cookies, but it’s great spooned over pound cake or used between the layers of a cake.
If you make this recipe, please comment below, and give it a star rating. Also, post a pic of the recipe with the hashtag #welldonedrea.
LEMON DESSERT SAUCE
- 1 1/2 TSP GRATED LEMON ZEST
- 1/2 CUP FRESH LEMON JUICE
- 1/2 CUP SUGAR
- 1 TBSP CORNSTARCH
- 1 TSP ORANGE JUICE
- Bring lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch to a boil in a small pan over medium heat while stirring constantly.
- .Reduce to a simmer and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in the orange juice.
- Refrigerate for up to one week.